Tuesday, August 17, 2010

OVO goes to NYC Bumble & Bumble


OVO Stylists Megan Marie Carpenter and Wendy Sommer traveled to New York City to the Bumble & Bumble University to learn the latest and most fashion forward cuts for the upcoming season. Megan and Wendy learned these fabulous new techniques to bring home to our OVO clients! We make sure we stay at the cutting edge to be sure our clients are riding on top of the newest trend waves rather than watching from the beach.


Let's hear firsthand what the experience was like from Megan:

First off, let me say that the elevated level of dedication to the craft of hairdressing from the Bumble & Bumble professionals Never ceases to amaze me! Their passion and skill for their career is matched only by their devotion to art of hairdressing as the cultural centerpiece that it is. Wendy and I spent two days in the Meat Packing District of NYC for a design workshop on straight blade razor cutting Bumble & Bumble University.

The first day, I was slightly intimidated by the prestige of B&B, however, I was so eager to learn; I was really overcome with excitement! In that first day we learned the B&B technique for long layer using straight blade razor- the result: stunning long flowing layers, A Very Sexy, Carefree haircut!

The Second day we jumped right in and learn the FAMOUS B&B razor bob, which is unmatched and absolutely FABULOUS! The technique is just amazing! it's particularly unique in the way it perfectly it lies in the back and in framing your face- giving you a flawless AND effortless look everyday. It just naturally lies beautifully.

I'm so grateful that OVO sends us up to continue our education in the practice of our art. I was excited to learn and to be able to bring what I learned home to my clients!


LOVE in Continuing to Learn,
The OVO Stylist Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment