Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Meghan's Success with Team in Training!!


I want to Thank everyone who has donated and helped me raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society! I had a blast in San Francisco and I met a lot of really awesome people. We are all striving for the same thing, to cure blood cancers! Team In Training raised more than $13 million at the Nike Women's Marathon weekend, on 10/17/10. Georgia alone raised $250,000! This is Nike's seventh race in San Fran, and TNT has raised over $107 million dollars! Those are amazing numbers and with hope that we can fight these blood cancers!
In the six months that I have trained for my Half Marathon, I have logged in over 300 miles! I raised a total of $3170 and I finished the race with a big smile on my face in 2 hours and 38 minutes. I am very happy with that time. I enjoyed running this race so much that I have already signed up for the Atlanta ING Marathon/Half Marathon in March! I have gained a new appreciation for the human body and for life! Thank you all again so very much for your love, support, and encouraging words, I couldn't have done it without you!

"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."

-Winston Churchill.

No comments:

Post a Comment